Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Help with highlighting!

sacko200

Hello, im new to this forum and have been using pro e for about a year with the commerical version at university.

I have installed the student version on my computer at home but i am having a few issues with it.

Firstly when im sketching or just generally in in the model view i cant drag a box to select components or a few lines in the sketcher. It selects the parts but no dotted box appears which makes it very hard to see.

Also when i click on parts of the model it does not highlight it on the model, i checked the pre selection box and it is ticked but it just wont highlight.

Finally when i am assembling parts together, if i say want to mate one component with another i click on one of the components surfaces and then whilst i move the line to select another surface the other compoent dissapears. I can hover the mouse over the parts and the surfaces become highlighted but there is no 3d model there unless i zoom in/out. After zooiming in or out the 3d model dissapears again if i move the line anywhere to try and touch another surface. It is very very annoying.

Thanks for any help you may offer,

regards,

sam

do not know clearly what is your problem, your installation is not wrong, but please check the configuration of your computer has enough memory to run this software, such as: Ram, Graphis card, CPU ...

<SPAN title="" closure_uid_d5gjq1="456" Yc="good luck.

" Xc="ch

I just ran into this same issue. You will need to modify your config.pro "Graphics" option. From the "Tools" menu, select "Options". This opens a new window displaying your config.pro file. Find the "graphics" option in the left column. Change its value to win32_gdi. Select "Add/Change" and "Apply" and then "Close". You will need to restart Pro/E.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back