Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Help on Pro/Intralink

Zaki

Hy Guys
I want to stream line my designing deptt and want to install Pro/Intralink. Can any body guide me how to install and run? What version of intralink will support WF2?
Zaki ur Rehman<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

You will need 3.3 M022 to support WF2 or 3.4 to support WF3.

The install is usually straight forward. The configuration takes some to time to understand.

How many users?

Single server or multiple?

The best thing to do is, for me,first to have a little formation for administrate Pro/I. After you can install it.

You must know what are workspaces, commonspace, fileserver, dataserver, oracle ddb, ... You have to know how you will manage yours parts, drawings and assemblies.

If you really want to install Pro/I without formation, I can explain you, but I think you're "going right in the wall".

bp

Hy BP
Thanx for reply, I think its better if u define each step, fileserver, dataserver etc, if u send me a detail text file I will be tankfull to u. I want to install for single server and ten users
Zaki

Hi

I can recommend a PTC "How to" if you have an active maintenance account.

http://www.ptc.com/cs/cs_26/howto/ins11003/ins11003.htm

I have installed Intralink 3.4 by following theese steps. Notice that you must have the exact vers. Java 1.4.2 installed before starting installation. Other problems with conflicting port# etc. can occur if you have other oracle installations in your network.

smiley17.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back