Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

help modeling motorcycle fuel tank

jlcortex

Hi,

Could somebody help me with this design of a motorcycle fuel tank?

i have experience with solidworks but with curved surfaces. i am trying to design it for 2 days and i don

looks like a 250 GP tank

I suggest sketching the tank out in 2d with paper and pencil first. Plan and side views.That step forces you to see all the surface geometry and any details you would not normally notice.

secondly try to draw with pencil an isometric view. But your focus is on how the boundary surfaces will work. Remember you have to think in fours since there are four parts to a boundary surface. It is novice to use three part boundaries.

third use 2d curves and sketch out all the geometry using the images like you did placed in a plane.

fourth then resolve 3d curves (like you did) that will help your puzzle all the four part patches together.

fifth step will be to force tangency

sixth step will be to force continuity.

got any questions call or pm me.
Edited by: design-engine

t plenty of time at the time i had been hackett outlet offering 2nd hand clothes, I would consistently examine Portobello Street for the Friday morning hours hrs for that break of day equally because the stallholders wound up unpacking, in an effort to pick up the bargains. From black plastic bin liners would look a number of goodies.
A single unique early morning hours I spotted the edge of your velvet collar affixed to your khaki coat. I pulled it absent through hackett sale the bag and determined it had been a covert coat. I gave it the once-over, looking at for problem and simple wear and tear. I instantly recognized it certainly was a bespoke coat, so I checked for any makers label, which would be sewn discreetly inside the inside of breast pocket. There I identified the title in the distinguished Savile Row tailor

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back