Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

HELP how do you unlock a mirrored feature

johnny916

I mirrored 3 holes but want to delete just one of them, when i go to delete the feature inside the model tree ALL of the parent >> childred features are selected for deletion??

How do I delete just one of the mirrored features???

Thanks, but what if I wanted to delete the parent instead of the child? I noticed when click delete all the features are automatically selected in the tree.

For pro-E...child will not survive, if u kill parent.. looks like un-natural law..
smiley2.gif
smiley2.gif

To achieve that, U have to reroute all references...so that ur required features do not get deleted while u delete other features..

Ok well my main purpose was to copy a hole on the opposite diagnal side. What I was doing was mirroring one hole to the opposite side (parellel) then copying that hole to the side which I needed it on and trying to delete the parent.

Is there a way to just mirror a hole to the diagnal opposite side?

If you are trying to mirror diagonally, you could just add a plane at the desired angle and then morror about the plane. Should have the same effect.

Mirrored dependant features cannot be kept if the parent is deleted. I don't think you can reroute or redefine them to make them independent. Also, you can't even add or remove references in the parent if it has a child feature that was made by copying or mirroring. I avoid these kind of things like the plague.

The easiest way to copy is to select the feature, hit copy then paste special. Select 'Advanced Reference Configuration' and unselected 'Dependent' and select OK. If you're asked for a scale, pick full or 100% or do not scale (can't remember what it says) and OK. In the dialog that pops up, you can then pick some or all new references for the feature, from sketch plane to dim refs. If they are all the same, just hit OK.

You can so the same for copying a feature from one part to another as well, although then you'll have to reselect all the references.

I agree that mirroring groups is a nightmare if you want to change sometning. Copy & paste special is good if you want changes to the copies. Note that if the parent and copies are based on a preceding locating feature such as an array of points then you have full flexibility including the position of the parent & 'children'.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back