Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Hatch

moshu

I work with very big assembiles and when it comes to reorient the hatches at 45 or 135 degrees, I go crazy and I lose a lot of time. AlsoI lose a lot of time when i must encrease or decrease the spacing between the hatching lines. Anybody knows a faster or a better solution to make this?

moshu

dear moshu

select that perticular hatch and rigth click on that, in the option select properties, u will get the required option of spacing etc

Edited by: vbvbvb

VBVBVB is right

There you find all options to cosmetic hatch,and you can add or exclude components

The object without cuts or hole are not hatching in drawing isn t?

Daca ai nevoie de alteva poti sa mi scrii direct

cristelino yahoo.com

Salutare

Thank you for your answer but try to make this for 200 components in a section. It will take you about 2 hours. It will help me an option or something, so i don't have to modify manually every hatch. I hope you understand what i want.

I worked with big company who use Proe and all sections in Drawings looks horrible

There is a way to have some standard type of hatch,but is difficult to explain

In config Pro line search with "hatch" key there you can make some setup but is not much.Wherever i never understand what algorithm the ProE programers use to generate the automatic hatch but i think is a lot of work to du better this optionMay be you must post the message in "Wish list"
smiley4.gif

All best

Cristel

Some years ago i worked with Catia and Solidworks, where you could set the hatch properties in part mode quickly. Of course, a refining was required in the drawing but the job was easier.I would like Proe hadbetter approach.

I my case, I wanted to show cross sections without any hatch at all. I created a mapkey. First I took a "representative" cross section and selected a hatch pattern, then I started the mapkey by picking spacing, then picking the command to increase the spacing, (I don't recall the name off hand) and hit it a bunch of times until the crosshatch was more than gone, then picked next section and repeated the sequence etc. etc. etc., about fifty times and then saved the mapkey. Now all I have to do is pick a cross section hatch and then run the mapkey to get rid of all the crosshatch. If I have more than fifty parts, I'll just pick a hatched section and run the mapkey again. I'm sure you could do something similar, and you would only waste your time on the first go around of creating the mapkey. It would be nice to have some type of global funtion to control all the hatch shown in an assembly without fooling around with the individual parts!

Tom

BUT is not easier to select one time all hatches and to aplly an angle and after that if you need ,change some hatches manually?

Selection "overall" is not working

That s the problem

Cristel

I use mapkeys.

Designations were as:

<s means steel -45

<<s means steel -45 half spacing

>>a meansaluminum +45

After it does one hatching it will automatically move to the next section. It works much faster. I can hatch entire large assemblies in about 15 mins.

Hei, Mosule,

You can create a Mapkey to eliminate or correct all hatchings in a single step.

MAPKEY 1) TO CHANGE THE SPACING: Durring the Mapkey creation record the following:--> Right mouse click on the view and select Properties, follow few complete steps of:

Spacing \ Value \ Key in the value \Next Xsec \Spacing \ Value \ Key in the value \Next Xsec \Spacing \ Value \ Key in the value \Next Xsec \.....Done.

Afteryou saved that mapkeyopen your Config.pro file using Notepad, find the mapkey you just created andinsert as many lines of NEXT-SPACING-VALUE you want before Done. You can solve the hatching of an assembly section withhundred parts in seconds.

MAPKEY 2) TO CHANGE THE ANGLE: Do the same thing:--> Right mouse click on the view and select Properties, follow few complete steps of:

Angle \ Key in the value (Ex:45)\Next Xsec \Angle \ Key in the value (Ex:135)\Next Xsec \Angle \ Key in the value (Ex:45)\Next Xsec.....Done.

Afteryou saved that mapkeyopen your Config.pro file using Notepad, find the mapkey you just created andinsert as many lines of NEXT-ANGLE-45-NEXT-ANGLE-135 you want before Done. You'll obtainthe hatching angles of an assembly with only two values, but you can include more.

Asa am rezolvat eu problema hasurii in ansamblele mari. Daca vrei mai multe detalii da-mi de stire.

Mircea

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back