Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Gpost Problem

Fegenbush

I can't seem to get the optfile program to start. I have tried both ways, while Pro is running, and the external workaround, but to no avail. I run the program, and it will act like it is starting (Loading optfile editor splash screen) but nothing after that.

Any input,

WMF

Fegenbush said:
I can't seem to get the optfile program to start. I have tried both ways, while Pro is running, and the external workaround, but to no avail. I run the program, and it will act like it is starting (Loading optfile editor splash screen) but nothing after that.

Any input,

WMF

Do you have Java installed? If so, what version.

-mark

I thought that too, first thing, so I downloaded the latest version of JRE, so I'm pretty sure that's not it. But I will try again...

I had that problem some time ago, I think it in our first build of Wildfire. . It was a bug in that build of Pro/e. As soon as we upgraded to a newer build, the problem was resolved.

If all else fails trying re-installing Proe into a directory that does not include any spaces in thefolder names.Default installation puts proe into c:\Program Files.I have seen this happen when attemping to use the template manager for Expert Machinist.

I thought that the "Gpostpp_dir" config.pro option only set the directory for where your posts were, I didn't know that it could point to the executable file for Gpost.

appinmi said:
I thought that the "Gpostpp_dir" config.pro option only set the directory for where your posts were, I didn't know that it could point to the executable file for Gpost.

That is correct, however it is possible that if the executable can't find its own directory, that may prevent it from starting.
Something worth trying IMHO.

-mark

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back