Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Golf Ball

I cannot get thegolfballto load in Pro/E 2001 build 2002310 says -partname- cannot be retrieved. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

dan

Oh, drats.

Is it possible to make this golfball in pro/e 2001? Or are the features used to created it only available in Wildfire? Is it quick to create?

I only ever used 2001 for about aweek when I first looked a ProE so I'm not sure of the limitations.

maybe there is someone here better qualified than myself to answer your question?

James

Here is a previous post from Max Weston which should help. This is how we emailed files that was originally larger than the email system could handle. Maybe it will work for you. Good Luck

Whenever i have to send a pro/e file of any kind via email i suppress all features by suppressing the first feature on the model tree. This reduces the file size by a huge amount, the file then can be zipped up which reduces the size even more.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Remember to add a note to your email letting the recipient know do do a "resume all" or "resume last set" after opening the file.

Max Weston.

Hey Guys,

I'm sorry to bring this one up again, but I need some help w/ a Golf ball too. I'm in CAD II class in High school and we are using Pro/Desktop v8. All I need to know is, if it is even possible with Pro/D (small version of Pro/E) to draw a complete Golf Ball including Bumps of different sizes...

Thanks for your time

Lino

not sure about that but i will warn you about all posted entries here so far are not really perfect golf balls per say the points will make both pentagons and hexagons like found on a soccer ball except many many more unless your a brilliant mathametician this could be a lot of work or pattern it in assembly mode thru a formula may work too

So,

does anybody have actual ideas on how to work with evenly spaced extrusions or prejections on a ball surface in Pro/D....I'm really kindof stuck here...

LinJor

HOW GOOD ARE YOU AT MATH?

[url]http://www.prodesktop.net/&nbs p; ---------- might[/url] help

i am unfamiliar with pro/d so i do not know if you can write equations for features

but it is a complex thing to do you will be using spherical coordinates

in pro-E if u had an excel file with location of dimples you can import into part the create a cut and pattern it

either way you will need to come up with the formula for this

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back