Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

get list of UDF Family Instances in JLink

Joe_

Dear All,

I have a UDF that has a Family of Instances.

I was bowsing thru the possible method of getting that List. But I couldnt find any in UDF methods.

For a Part Family Table, The method pfcFamily.FamilyMember.ListRows returns a

sequence of all rows in the family table. Can this same method be used to access the List of Instances of UDF Family Table.

Thanks for the help.

Best Regards

I am a mechanical engineering student. I
am doing project in interfacing of Java programswith Pro-E. So iam in
need to learn J-link. I havealready knowledged Pro-E and Java. So
Please help me, Where can i download J-Link and and how to install in
my system.I got proeWildfire 5.0 licensed version

Joe_ said:
Dear All,

I have a UDF that has a Family of Instances.

I was bowsing thru the possible method of getting that List. But I couldnt find any in UDF methods.

For a Part Family Table, The method pfcFamily.FamilyMember.ListRows returns a

sequence of all rows in the family table. Can this same method be used to access the List of Instances of UDF Family Table.

Thanks for the help.

Best Regards

It doesn't look possible : (. It looks like pfcFamily inherits from pfcObject, which is its own thing. The packages that inherit from pfcFamily is "pfcSolid." There is no connection between pfcFamily and pfcFeature.

Until you posted that you had a UDF with a family table I didn't even think it was possible to put a family table in a UDF. But I tried it out (in WF5) and was surprised to find the functionality available, if limited (the only dimensions that I could add to the table were dimensions of the initial feature; also, features could not be added to the instance row at all).

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back