Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

'from boundaries' surface creation not working...

Hi Kid,

Surface from boundary is one complex construction option.

Your big problem is because, in one direction (let say first) you have many curves, for the profile which have some big steps.

In second direction you have only 2 curves, which is not helpful. My advice is to construct at least 3-5 new curves in second direction. For that you must make 2 of them thru points with maximum inflexion (where it looks like 90 degree between curves) and try to make one in midle. If this is not working add another 2 curves, or send me one small email at:

[email protected]

Regards,

Adrian

Are you trying to create a surface in one shot ????

Try creating a blended surface with the lower curves first.

Then create two side surfaces using your curves and the edges created by the first surface.

Am not sure what you need to do with the steps at either end but you'll never get a boundary surface to tak on such a large step.

Once all surfaces have been created then merge them all to produce a single quilt...

cheers but the first suggestion worked... doesn't look perfect but I don't have time to fanny around! :D I'll post a link up when it's done...

cheers but the first suggestion worked... doesn't look perfect but I don't have time to fanny around! :D I'll post a link up when it's done...

If you send me your curves I could help you using the ISDX surface module, or if you have it, try it will probably give you a smoother surface and maybe in one shot.

Stefano

If you send me your curves I could help you using the ISDX surface module, or if you have it, try it will probably give you a smoother surface and maybe in one shot.

Stefano

hi i think u shuold not try 2 create that surface in one attempt . Create first surface using boundry surface up the curves where the sraight cureves starts. and create another surface using the last four curves(those are approx. str) and create a surface betn these tow surfaces. control surface appereance using control points

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back