Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Forming Light Bulb Threads in SM part

philw12

Hello all:

I need to model the metal threads that are at the base of a light bulb.

bulb.jpg

Sounds simple enough, I made a revolved sheetmetal part like:

socket2.jpg

and then I made a form out of a solid part. It is a box with the bulb threads cut inside of the circular region.

socket_form2.jpg

Using Sheetmetal - Form - Punch, I assembled the form, but it failed every time. I tried changing the side the feature was located on, but it did not help.

I tried cutting the form in half and just forming half of the threads on the part, but once again, fail.

Has anybody ever formed anything like this, or does anyone know of a better way to create formed threads in sheetmetal??

Thanks

Phil

I create the model above using solid parts then cut out using helical sweep then follow shell to the thicknessi want. I think this is a standard part i think u already know.are u going to fabricate the model or just assembly to your led bulb product? if u just want to asm to your product as a reference the i think u just need to focus on OD,ID and the height no need to go so detail in creating the model so accurate..My opinion.HA!!!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back