Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Flip datum on linear diameter

dr_gallup

Is there any way to move a datum symbol applied to a linear diameter dimension from one leader line to the other? This should be easy but I think it is impossible. I want to move the datum B symbol to the top leader line of the .409 diameter so it does not overlap the part geometry.View attachment 1181

My workaround was to redefine the reference datum plane B. I put it on the other (top) end of the hole. Probably there's much better solution but that was, I think, the fastest one.

Yes skraba its much more easy than your fastest way.

Select the Datum B rmb and select flip witness line.

Tell me does that work?
smiley2.gif

Regards

Thanks Write2bush, that worked! I didn't think I could select datum B because it wasn't pre-highlighting or highlighting when I tried to pick it. But it did show up in the text window. Picking the diameter dimension highlighted the datum but didn't give the flip witness line menu. Datum B is a datum axis internal to the feature so it can't be picked from the model tree either. Definately a bug in WF2's object selection.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back