Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

FEM analysis problem

ProEDTU

Hi

Im making a FEM analysis on a simple bicycledesign. I have constructed it with protrusions, and i would like to make an optimization design study, so i can change, only the inner diameter of the bicycle skeleton.

I get a fatal error every time saying:

Initial Design Status
Parameters:
DFNstang&nbs p;&nbs p;3

DFstang&nbsp ;&nbsp ;17

DOstang&nbsp ;&nbsp ; 7
Goal: 3.6417e-03
Status of Optimization Limits:
1. max_stress_vm7.2223e+01 < 1.6500e+02 (satisfied within tolerance)
2. max_disp_mag5.0418e-01 < 1.0000e+00 (satisfied within tolerance)

Resource Check& nbsp;& nbsp;& nbsp;(15:55:56)

Elapsed Time(sec):&n bsp;416.07
CPU Time (sec):244.11
Memory Usage(kb):&n bsp;513815
Wrk Dir Dsk Usage (kb):& nbsp;1

Begin Optimization Iteration 1&nbsp ;(15:5 5:56)

Singular mapping, solid element: 2045822

The design study terminated abnormally.
The element with DBID 2045822 has invalid geometry. To correct
the problem, you may wish to provide seed points for AutoGEM
or change AutoGEM settings, and then remesh.

I really dont know what is wrong??

The last three lines of the error indicate there is an issue with the geometry of the model. It looks like during shape changes, the mesher is unable to produce a valid mesh. Take a careful look at your model while changing the dimensions you selected to be modified during the optimization and make sure the model regenerates as you expect and make sure there are no areas that the mesher will have an issue with.

I also had the same issue. Actually it is the meshing issue. There are some geometric features for whichsometimes mesher renders this warning.
smiley19.gif

Actually that feature might have an equation that is unsolvable. I had issu with a hole that touched the boundry of an edge.

Make sure to change geometric features that pose problem. they are highlighted in the window. That will solve u r problem....

smiley1.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back