Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

feature recognition tool

keyur soni

is there any feature recognisation tool in proe like solidworks

i want to know if i import the model from any other cad soft. can i get the feature tree for same.

In the Wildfire Pre Production version there is supposed to be but I can'taccess it in the auxiliary application.

It supposed to do the same generic things SolidWorks does.

yes exactly,

in solidworks there is a tool to recognise feature but in that tool you can recognise only simple feature but it not support to complex shapes or surfacing

I read about this also... I may get a preproduction copy just for this reason...

Solidworks has had this for a few years or so.
smiley2.gif

davidinindy said:
I read about this also... I may get a preproduction copy just for this reason...

Solidworks has had this for a few years or so.
smiley2.gif
Yeah, but when I tried it, it failed miserably.

My understanding is that in WF4 it is an auxiliary application (that is free to download), but there is the possiblity that it will be included in WF5.

I have installed this, which is very easy to do, and played around a bit with in Pre-Production 2.

I am finding that it is very efficent and a descent conversion on simple parts. The more complex parts, with a lot of features, more complex features, it seems to choke a little more, and I have occasionaly crashed as well.

I am hoping the Production version of WF4 will also come with a "better" version of this application, but for the most part I think it is a great start for something that I have been looking for for some time now.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back