Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Extrude Cut Missing on just one file

SWdude214

Hi,

New to the forum. I am using SolidWorks 2008 and I received a parasolid file from our contractor. Originally, I was able to open the file in SW and modify the file, but randomly, a few months later, I go back to modify the file again, and the extrude cut feature is grayed out as well as all other solid modification function that are normally grayed out when you open up SW and create a new part.
Now here is the next weird thing. This file is the only one that is having this problem. All other parasolid files sent by the contractor, I have no problems with. The only difference is that this file has multiple parts. Any helpful input would be appreciated.

It may have been brought in as multiple solid bodies or an assembly. When opening the part use File Open and select Parasolid then click on the options button and see what's checked off. If the file doesn't show icons for Solid Features it most likely came in as a Surface body which does not have an enclosed volume.

Michael

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back