Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Exporting out of Intralink to disk

Lazar

Has anyone out there had a problem with exporting files from a workspace to disk? We are using Wildfire and I-link 3.3

Essentially, when I try to export any file(s) from my workspace to disk, I-link hangs up for a while (hour-glass) and then appears to have finished the export.

But when I check the directory where I have supposedly exported my files, there is nothing there.

Any thoughts? Workarounds? Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Check for spaces in the directory structure in which pro/E and Intralink are loaded. I know PTC set the default directory to /Program Files/ Probably for Windows Compatibility certification. However, at least it was the case with Intralink 3.2 spaces in the file structure break the program when trying to export. You might also have to check the variables for temp directories for the same land mine.

-Bernie-

Thanks bhayden.

I did check to make sure that there weren't spaces in the directory path. I also created a directory on-the-fly using the export to disk utility, and it had no effect.

So far the work around that I have figured out it to use the old backup functionality from the pull down menu (FILE >> BACKUP). But I am just curious as to why the export to disk doesn't work. And on a somewhat related note, the Import utility doesn't seem to work either, but I have already figured out a workaround for that.

Make sure your admin got all the patches... Originally, there was just one (the NMSD patch). But the import/export problem was discovered later and requires a separate patch.

>. Originally, there was just one (the NMSD patch).

This isn't really a patch. It's just a replacement for the old executable. PTC hasn't seemed to figure out what a patch is and it's damned irritating having to download the full release everytime you need a new date code.

-Bernie-

Aagggg! Export to disk is broken again on my install (Pro/E 2001, Intralink 3.2). Last time I called tech support they determined that the WF install had written new TEMP variables which had broken Intralink (spaces in the directory structure). All I've done since fixing that was replace copies of the nmsd.exe with the latest version to fix the 10-Jan-04 bug.

I've filed a new Call C4020859 with PTC. I'll update when I get an answer. Why do I have the feeling they're going to tell me to uninstall and reinstall everything with the latest builds? Oh, well, I'd planned on migrating to Intralink 3.3 in early Feb.

-Bernie-

So tech support calls back. 1st I'm told that I need to download a different nmsd.exe file for the proiclient3.2/i486_nt/nms directory than is used in the /proe2001/i486_nt/nmsd directory. Indeed on the timeout page of the PTC site there are zip files with tow different names for Intralink and Pro/e and the two versions of nmsd.exe have different build dates. I put the Intralink version in it's proper place and same problem. Looking at the files I see they're the same size... I wonder? Running FC (file compare) in a DOS window it turns out the binaries are identical.

Next step was to move the path entry for pro2001/bin to the beginning of the PATH statement so that it would be before the /intralink/bin entry. Still no difference.

Turns out the problem was that I was attempting to export the file to the root directory c:\ and there's a bug in the datecode of Intralink I'm running that won't allow that. Export to c:/temp worked just fine.

-Bernie-

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back