Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

duplicating skeletons

megaladon

i have a situation where i havea skeleton tied to a layout with many parameters driving the assembly model positionally. now i need another skeleton the same as the first in the same assembly but i need different driven dimensions so i can havethe skeletons move in opposite directions.

what is the best way to do this? there will be many adjustments and add ons in the future so if i just duplicate it i will have to do anything new twice everytime.

This should come from the PTC certified WF2.0 update (I had to say that) class. copy the curve... then instead of using control v' to past the new curve... use paste special.

With this option you can keep all the relations etc and all the intelligence you incorporated into the sketch.

Edited by: design-engine

i'll try that, but what i want to do is assign new dims to any existing relation that appears in the layout so that i can change and move skeletons individually. maybe that will work using paste special.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back