Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Duplicate page function - does it exist?

BFdesign

Hello -

I was wondering if any of you know if Solidworks offers a Duplicate Page function. In other words, once I create a drawing I can essentially copy the entire spread into another sheet of the same drawing file, keeping links to the models, etc. This would be useful when showing different configurations in the same exact format.

Doesn't this sound like is HAS to exist?

many thanks!
b

Diffrent configurations means diffrent drawings... I think.

So, you can create diffrent drawings for each configuration.

You can use the same file for multiple configurations using diffrent sheets.

Good luck, BF !

In this point I have my owen question: I try what I suggest heare (to use multiple sheets).But Iuse ALL the views (from the VIEWS MANGER),and Ineed more. How I can solve this problem ? (using the same file, of course).

Thank you !

Hightlight the page you want to copy on the left hand side (where model tree is) and just *ctrl-c* and then *ctrl-v*. then you can go into the second sheet and change the configurations for the views.

:)

Sophini - thanks for the reply. However, it's not letting me copy the sheet. I get the error "This item cannot be copied to the clipboard". I have Solidworks 2006, maybe it's only on newer versions?

I think you are right, I heard that it is a new function (i started in 2007).

At that point i think the only thing you can do is copy the drw file in windows and change the configs in that file.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back