Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Drawing pattern

Barthayner

Hi, I just created an assembly for my class project. I had to label with a bill of materials the parts that the item I created was made up of. However, I am unable to show it on the technical drawing diagram. I know the sketches should have a pattern of lines angel at 45 [sup]o[/sup] but I can't figure out how to do it. Can someone tell me step-by-step on how to do it?

Thanks.

Whe you talk about a pattern of lines are you talking about a 'cross section'? If so it is pretty easy to create a cross section in assembly mode. You would need to pick a datum plane to create a cross section or create a sketch.
In the drawing you can access the cross section thru:
click on the view -> rmb -> properties and this will brin up the drawing view menu. click on sections, tag 2d cross-section and it should display the available cross section for the particular view. If no cross section is available you may need to reorient the view

Hope this helps a bit.

Tony

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back