Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Drawing for Family Table Parts

sarav_design

HI

Suppose we have a part and we create a family table to have similar diff items.

Now we can view the individual instances. Is it possible to
create drawings that if i create a drawing for
master & automatically i get the
drawings for the other instances? is
this possible? can anyone help this one?

I don't think so. You could save the master as a different name and replace the master views with your secondary or other Instance. But the problem with that is you loose all the dimension and you have to goto show & erase and put them back in the drawing. The good side to that is it still keeps things like notes and information within table cells.

Hey, if its possible to do that; I would be very surprise considering the level of flexibility within Pro/detail. But hey, you never know cause they sure like to hide things.

You should be able to replace the model with another family table instance without losing any dimensions (unless the new instance has suppressed features in which case their dimensions will be erased).

In wf2 when you suppresse features in the istance and the featureare still in the generic part. Are they temporary suppress?

If the feature is in the family table then it's suppress/resume status is permenant If you are working on an instance and manually suppress a feature it is temporary. This applies to all releases of Pro/E.

thank you.Well is just that i was doing it a while a go and i have this pop-up that was driving me nut's. Maybe becausei was manuallydoing it,like you said.

smiley2.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back