Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Document Properties report in SW-2008

joelewinski

Hi gang. Noob here. I've spent a better part of the afternoon searching for an answer to this. I hope someone here can help.

I've got all of our formats and template files set-up and ready for production use, or so I thought. The Doc. Control folks are screaming that they need documentation.

I need to be able to print out hard copies of all the settings that I configured in the Document Properties dialog boxes. Is there some sort of report or list function that I can run to get this, or am I stuck having to do a print-screen of each dialog box and typing my own report?

Please send me some good news! I really don't want to waste any more time on this that I already have!

smiley19.gif

Thanks in Advance!!!
smiley2.gif

i'd like to help you (don't know how, but every bit helps)

i don't know what you mean about the document properties. i have found them, and i know for sure i haven't changed anything there. do you want to know the standard settings there or...?

Hi Jan! Thanks for replying.

I'm looking for a way to print a list of all the custom settings that I've configured for the drawings, such as font, font size, line-types, arrowhead types and sizes, dimension settings, leader type and styles, tolerance settings, GD&T settings, etc. We need to document every setting so that in the event of a catastrophe, we can set-up our systems to the way they were.

Any ideas
smiley25.gif

i don't have much expirience with catastrophes
smiley36.gif
, but what i would do is write all the information on a piece of paper, so that if the computer crashes down you always have that information. afterwards, you could put it in word or excel.

Well, crap! That's EXACTLY what I was trying to avoid!

Thanks anyway... I guess I'll start making the screen shots.
smiley11.gif

Anyone else???

Joe:

Probably too late for you, and I am not sure if this helps, but there is a settings file in the SolidWorks install directory.

If you go to your "\SolidWorks\lang" directory, you will find a file called "userpref.reg" that lists all the setting that you selected in Options.

-Matthew

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back