Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Disable Highlight Geometry

Attapon.C

Dear All

I would like to disable " Highlight Geometry" by unchecked hightlight geometry option but still don't work.
Geometry still be highlight when mouse over.

How could I disable highlight geometry ?

Thank in Advance

Try this mapkey perhaps:

mapkey sq @MAPKEY_LABELToggle preselection highlightin;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdRibbonOptionsDlg` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `ribbon_options_dialog` `PageSwitcherPageList` 1 `Sel_prefs`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `ribbon_options_dialog` `Sel_prefs.PrehButton` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `ribbon_options_dialog` `OkPshBtn`;

Dear All

I would like to disable " Highlight Geometry" by unchecked hightlight geometry option but still don't work.
Geometry still be highlight when mouse over.

How could I disable highlight geometry ?

Thank in Advance

The option is for highlighting items when you select something in the model tree, drawing tree, or layer tree. To turn off the prehighlight you need to change the prehighlight option in the configuration editor.

Yes, as Kevin says, go to "file" - "options" to open the configuration editor. Pick "selection" in the list at the left side of the editor window, and then uncheck the "enable preselection higlighting" box.

//Tobias

or if it´s just temporary you can always "cheat" by setting the smart filter (at the bottom right of creo) to "annotations" to minimize things that gets higlighted when modeling.

//Tobias

Or if you want to cheat even more, just hold SHIFT :) This is useful if you're showing the model to someone and don't want highlights to pop up all the time.

Or if you want to cheat even more, just hold SHIFT :) This is useful if you're showing the model to someone and don't want highlights to pop up all the time.

That´s a good tip!! But... I do have to let go of the SHIFT everytime i want to rotate my model ;-) But using Shift is a lot faster though, so thanks!!

(Btw, even in sketch , holding SHIFT could be helpful since it disables the constrains when sketching)

//Tobias

That´s a good tip!! But... I do have to let go of the SHIFT everytime i want to rotate my model ;-)

//Tobias

Yes you are right, I forgot about that "detail" :D I usually use the trick when showing the model to someone, so I just start rotating (middle mouse) and while rotating I hold down the SHIFT key so when I release middle button I can pan and point to various details without having highlighting turend on (if you press shift while orienting it doesn't stop the rotation). I know it's not the best solution :/

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back