Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Design World

phoxeoy

Well, you'd never know Design World bought this site
smiley5.gif

Every time I check my email I have a freshly new ad waiting for me to delete. Never had this problem before until Design World took over.

I don't ever remember giving the O.K. for MCAD to give my email address to ad companies and even though MCAD is now Design World, they should honer this agreement that was made before they were in the picture. I see plenty of ads when I come to this site, I don't need them waiting for me in my email as well.

I notice that it says in the emails that they sent it to me because I ask for them to,.. Well, this is the biggest load of crap. Oh, all I have to do is click on the link for it to stop, right. The oldest trick in the book, you don't click on links in an email because if you do; you're just asking for it.

Design World, if you're listening, knock it off!

Hmmm. Hope I don't jinx myself, but I don't get any Design World emails and I don't see any adds. But then I use a spam filter, an adblocker and a flash blocker. I think you could safely kill the Design World emails by clicking on the link. It's the unrepentant spammers of the world that use that trick to confirm a live address, not legitimate companies.

I hear yeah, but I question the legitimacy of a company that using data that came with a purchase in unwanted ways that was not done with before.

I honestly can't remember what the privacy policy was before DW took over, so you? I signed up here nearly 6 years ago! It's possible that it changed in the months before as well.

Assuming that the info wasn't to be used for MCAD central to contact you with offers and info, I would agree with you. I just can't say for sure that was the case.

Anyone keep a copy?

I get'em too and tried the unsuscribe link, still getting them.

As most of them everyday mails are junk I'm gonna set that sender going straight into the junk folder now...

Ah, teh Wayback machine is your friend. Here's the MCAD Central Privacy Policy as of Jan of 2007:
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

Communications from the Site

Special Offers and Updates
We send all new members a welcoming email to verify password and username. Established members will occasionally receive information on products, services, special deals, and a newsletter. Out of respect for the privacy of our users we present the option to not receive these types of communications. Please see the Choice and Opt-out sections.

Newsletter
If a user wishes to subscribe to our newsletter, we ask for contact information such as name and email address. Out of respect for our users privacy we provide a way to opt-out of these communications. Please see the Choice and Opt-out sections. </BLOCKQUOTE>
So, I guess it depends on whether you had opted out or not.

Oh, I opt out alright. Way back in 2004. Which is, by the way, the reason I have not gotten a single ad email until now. Oh and as I typed this message,... I get another spam from Design World. Also, if your wondering, I clicked that unsubscribe link two days ago.

I hadn't gotten any form MCAD central, but I did get them from DW. The unsubscribe worked for me, eventually.

First of all, that doesn't work. Second, forget what? its still there even if it magically makes it in the junk folder. It's more email maintenance because it will build up and make your applications run slower.

It cost a lot of money for companies to implement security measures so spam, junk, virus infected and just plain crap emails do not make it to your system. Some viruses that are carried via emails don't even have to be opened; they just have to make it on your system.

So,.. yeah, setting and forgetting is not going to work on this end.
smiley5.gif

Edited by: phoxeoy

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back