Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

DELL M4300 / License Install Problem

lshreve

We run the following at our company:

Pro/E
Wildfire 2.0
Wildfire 3.0

We just recently purchased the new DELL M4300 Notebooks. We began installing the Pro/E, Wildfire 2.0 and Wildfire 3.0 onto these laptops. When we try to install Pro/E or Wildfire 2.0 when we get to portion of the installation that asks us to put in the license server information we do that and it cannot see the server. If we turn around and try the same load on a DELL Precision M60 Notebook or a Precision 370 Desktop they install perfectly seeing the license server just fine.

We can install Wildfire 3.0 on the New DELL M4300 Notebooks with no issues at all.

Can anyone shed some light as to why we might not be able to get Pro/E or Wildfire 2.0 to install (see the license server) on the M4300 Notebooks but Wildfire 3.0 (which uses the same exact license server and settings) does?

Thank you
Les Shreve, IT Site Supervisor
Aurora Flight Sciences, Inc.
Bridgeport, WV
(304) 842-8140

Configure Pro/ENGINEER with a locked license file
instead of a single server and to point to the license file; complete
the installation without taking care of any warning message, when this
is done, edit the .psf file from the bin folder of the installation of
Pro/ENGINEER and change the line
"ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE+=7788@server_name" in the .psf file then save the changes;
Pro/ENGINEER will work without problems.

trancelin said:
Configure Pro/ENGINEER with a locked license file
instead of a single server and to point to the license file; complete
the installation without taking care of any warning message, when this
is done, edit the .psf file from the bin folder of the installation of
Pro/ENGINEER and change the line
"ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE+=7788@server_name" in the .psf file then save the changes;
Pro/ENGINEER will work without problems.

Thank you for responding but I was wondering if you could give a little more clarification on your solution. We tried what you said but had several issues - they were:

1. When we got to the place where we selected Locked License File and had to point to the license file we could not. Our FlexLM License file is out on a server and whenever we would try to point to it we got the same problem - no file existed. We KNOW there are license files there because they are in use currently and we can load right then on anything but the M4300's and it goes through just fine.

This caused us to have to cancel - then no .psf file was created to edit.

If it is not too much trouble could you give me more SPECIFIC steps to make this happen. We are really in a crunch and I would appreciate your input.

Thanks
Les Shreve, IT Site Supervisor
Aurora Flight Sciences, Inc.
(304) 842-8140

Hi.

I'm supposing that you had installed the WF3 and that is working without any
problem. On me that problem occurs only when trying to install WF2 in the same
computer (M4300). But, my reply was too a localhost server. I will try to fix
something for you! But give me some time.

See you
soon.

Yes the WF3 installs just fine. It is just WF2 and ProEngineer that is not seeing the FlexLM server.

Anything you might be able to do to help would be greatly appreciated - standing by.

Les

Hello

Just copy the "proe1.psf" file from the Wildfire3 to Wildfire2, they
should be identical. Try it.

I hope it solve
yours problem.

Say something!

That worked PERFECTLY - I salute you and thank you for your support on this matter - THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Les

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back