Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Dell Laptop D830 - WF2 memory issue

SoilentG

Hi, I recently got hired to a company that bought me a Dell D830 Latitude (not an M series
smiley18.gif
) and these are the specs:

Dell Latitude D830

Core 2 Duo 1.8MHz

2GByte RAM

Nvidia Quadro NVS 140M 512MByte RAM

The problem I'm having is I can't open assemblies that take my memory over 2.5GByte. I've allocated a4GByte static paging file and if my total memory exceeds 2.5GByte WF2 (M180) drops out (dies) and in std.out I get the message:

Serious error - out of virtual memory. Starting recovery attempt.

Exception - code was -1073741819.

and here's a picture of the Virtual Memory peaking at 2.50GByte:

View attachment 4345

Does this really appear to be a lack of memory issue? I've not had any other instabilities and WF2 will work for days straight as long as I keep the memory usage low by "Erasing not Displayed", etc.

Thanks...

You've hit the limit of RAM usage for a 32 bit process. Do a search on these forums for "3GB switch" or something similar and it will show you how you can increase the amount of RAM Pro/E has access to. It will bea bit more but if you need a lot more you'll have to switch to a 64 bit version of windows.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back