Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Default parameter values

rajendran

Dear All,

Anybody has idea about changing default values of manufacturing parameters like COOLANT OPTION (OFF), etc.

Please let me know how to change the current system defualt value to another value?

we want to have always default values as per our requirement.

Thanks

Hi Rajendran,

If you wish to change the default values you must edit the "startup templates" These are found under the ptc directory-templates i think.What you need to do iscreate a "site" file under parameter setupso each time you start a new part it will input these parameters. You can also include relations in the parameter such as cutter_diam*0.7 , tool_rough_feed_rate etc.You can add workcells, change parameters, Post processors,sites,views all sorts of useful stuff. Saving you repeating tasks.

Let me know if you need any info
regards
Cedric

Hi Cedric,

As you have mentioned we can create a mfg start up templates. But how can we assign site file to this template.

Please explain with details.

Thanks

I think if your parameter directory is set up in the config you must just create and activate the site file. The site file is assigned to the workcell.. i believe so unless you save the workcell it will not open the site automatically.. unless its in session. So try save the workcell aswell and see if you have any luck.

Otherwise i'll try figure it out when i get some time.

let me know how it goes

thanks

Hi Rajendran,
We went into the tpm file for each tool in the tool library and added the coolant option there. In WF3 these files are simple text files that can be opened with wordpad or notepad. This can be a tremendous amount of work depending on the size of your tool library.

TOOL_ID DRILL_0_0105__86
TOOL_TYPE DRILLING
LENGTH_UNITS INCH
CUTTER_DIAM 0.0105
POINT_ANGLE 118
LENGTH 0.75
TOOL_MATERIAL HSS
GAUGE_LENGTH -
TOOL_COMMENT #86 DRILL .0105 DIAM.
COOLANT_OPTION FLOOD

You can change FLOOD to OFF, MIST, etc.

See if this helps,