Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Custom BOM balloon

red devil

I want to be able to have a BOM balloon that has the model name rather than the index number. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

Red Devil

Hi Red !!!

Cant help ya!!!!
smiley19.gif
. Lesley sent me a tutorial on how to create the BOM table in the drawing.... but its not working
smiley5.gif
. Everytime i try to create the repeat region it just tells me that it cannot be done
smiley11.gif
. What version of pro do you use ? Can you send me info on how to create the BOM table within a 2d drawing so that i can create the balloons related ? as i have never used the tables before !

Pleeeeeaase
smiley9.gif

Tinag

Tinag,

I've got something else for you to try, but I'm still not sure if it's what you're looking for.
smiley5.gif

Give me a shout when you're in and I'll fax it over to you.

Lesley

smiley4.gif

2004-11-03_064403_bom__.tbl.zip

Hey peoples

If you want try this table. All you need to do is insert it into a drawing and it will generate a bill of material has description part number qty and numbers then if you read the totorial on how to create bolloons you can generate parametrically linked bolloons. So if you change in your assembly your bom will be generated.

hope this works good luck

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back