Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Cross Section Through Single Part

indiayeah

I'm trying to create a cross-section as shown below. Right now i've used a extruded cut at the assembly level. Is it possible to get the same cross section by creating a cross section in the view manager?

Thanks.

Edited by: indiayeah

It is certainly possible at the drawing level (WF2) by excluding the BLUE component from Cross hatching. WF3 & 4 I do not know.
Search the FORUM for "Exclude component". You may find a solution there.

In WF3 & WF4 you can create and show a section similar in the model to what you have shown using zones. The difference is that the section will cut through both components.

It is not clear to me what you want to accomplish.
Do you really want a "normal" cross section ?
In this case the "exclude component" from cross hatching that is mentioned in another post is the way to go.
If on the other hand you want a 3D-representation where this piece is cut out then view manager -> simplified representations -> work area is the way to go.
Let me know what you want and I will a create a small movie to show you how it is done.

Best regards,

John Bijnens

Orac,

I would like a 3d representation, where the piece is cut out .It would be great to if you could post the movie.

Thanks in advance.

yilmaz,

Could you upload some snapshots of this? I cannot access any IM at work due to our firewall settings.

Thanks
Rohan

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back