Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creo 2 & Windows 7 Ultimate background window

biffuk

Hi,

Is anyone having similar problems to me.

I have just upgraded to windows 7 ultimate & upgraded to Creo 2.

Problem is that sometimes when i want to do something such as delete & you get the confirmation icon appearing ie do you want to proceed, the actual window appear behind the main creo window so i have to drag the main creo window to one side so i can click ok to confirm what i want to do.

This does not happen with Solidworks.

I don't get that particular problem, but I've had numerous issues in the past with different versions of WF or Creo running on XP or Win 7 where various pop ups from Pro would come in behind the main window or on a secondary monitor. draft analysis was always one that was a PITA to figure out cuz you had to ALT-TAB all your pro-e windows to get to the draft analysis window. I think it stems from the fact that Pro-E/CREO STILL is not a "real" windows application but rather a bastadardization of really old code that they just got to work on Windows whereas SW was always written for Windows.

My favorite CREO issue now is when you measure and open the measure tool, sometimes, but not always, the value you measure appears directly behind the measure tool dashboard so you have to move it before you can find your measured dimension. great work PTC!

My favorite CREO issue now is when you measure and open the measure tool, sometimes, but not always, the value you measure appears directly behind the measure tool dashboard so you have to move it before you can find your measured dimension. great work PTC!

i am facing this problem too

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back