Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creating New Dimensions in Drawing Mode

spedboy_23

When in drawing mode, I'm trying to create a new dimension. More specifically, I'm trying to create a radius dimension for a circle. Pro/E has the dimension as a linear distance instead of a radius. Does anyone know how to change that or make a new dimension on a circular feature? Thanks.

check your constrains make sure that the arcis tangent to the lines on both ends,then create the radius dim that you need

I DID NOT UNDERSTAND YOUR NEED

BUT FOR RADIUS , CLICK ON THE CIRCULAR OR RADIAL ENTITY .
smiley4.gif

To create a radial dimension, choose the radial entity once with the left mouse button, place with the middle button. You may have to flip the arrows to have it displayed as you want. Choosing the radial dimension twice with the left mouse button will give you a diametrical dimension.
Sometimes, Pro/E will choose the end of an entity when you wish to choose the entity itself. When this happens, you will have to zoom in to have Pro/E make the correct choice.

also watch where your cursor is in relation to the circle/center axis as being to the "outboard" side can result in a linear rather than radial placement.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back