Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creating Mapkeys

pjsmith

I would like to create a Mapkey in my config.pro file that will use the function keys.

In my pre-wildfire config.pro file I had mapkeys that were made using the function keys. ie $F1.Some of the commands I would like touse require the ALT function to get to the View menu or other menus...how do you write the ALT key into the config.pro file?

I would like the function key $F1 to resume Default view?

I would like the function key $F2 to Refit view?

Thanks, PSMITH

I realize when you recordmenu picks for the commands I am trying to accomplish into a Mpakey the ALT function is not present.

The question still remains; How do you write the command to get: View\Reset and View\Orientation\Standard into the Config.pro file for the Function Key $F1 and $F2 respectively?

Basically, record the mapkey, save the changed mapkey to a file.

Look in the saved file and take the last line with an "Activate" and assign it to a mapkey.

Example: The full mapkey exported for the refit item is:

mapkey $F1 ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`1 `View`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `View.OrientationCascadeBtn`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `View.OrientationCascadeBtn`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `psh_view_refit`;

Remove everything between "mapkey $F1 ~" and "Activate `main_dlg_cur` `psh_view_refit`;"

For $F1: (default view)

mapkey $F1 ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `psh_view_default`;

For $F2: (refit)

mapkey $F2 ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `psh_view_refit`;

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back