Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Register Log in

creating contoured sweep round cylinder?

mgnt8

This can be done with surfaces. You might try breaking it down into 3 different cuts & then pattern.Here's how one might look. This was done with more quilts than I originally thought because your curves don't line up with the cylinder edge.

View attachment 542

brano

Ed,

Made something similar using patterned helical sweep protrusion. Create sweep profile on a plane (thru axis & angle) that you can pattern later. Adjusting dimensions should result in required shape.

Have a look!

BranoView attachment 544

proed

mgnt8 - that looks promising.. I reckoned surfaces would be the way. What kind of surface is in your example? - variable section sweep ? Thanks for the response.

Brano - that may work, thanks.

Ed

mgnt8

proed - boundary blends, I just used your curves (and a few others I had to create)to create several surfaces, merged them until the area to be removed was enclosed by a watertight quilt, then Solidify/cut away. It was a roundabout way of doing it and I'm not sure how easy it would be to edit (probably not very) but it got the job done.

ksarita20

hi brano,

i am abit new to pro/E( i use pro/E 2001). so can u please explain the procedure in detail.

thanks in advance.

Sponsor