Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Create text

its very simple.just create a cylinder by any feature creation method.now create a datum plane offset to the cross section plane such that it is tangential to the cylindrical surface.now create a sketched datum curve on the datum plane just created.in the sketcher mode click onenter text and write the text u want to emboss or engrave on the cylindrical surface.exit sketcher.now select the cylindrical surface and go to edit<offset.in the dashboard panel click the third icon from top ie expand feature.in options make sure that sketched region radio button is checked.furthermore for more accurate results check the option- normal to surface.then define the sketching plane as the datum plane created initially and in the sketcher mode use the USE EDGE option and sub-option as loop and select each letter of the text.make sure that a closed loop is formed.exit sketcher and then give the required thickness with the appropriate direction.the result u desired is in front of u.

rasesh,

i have a question.

If i want just to select the sketch, it should be on the surface of th cylinder, yeh?

Rasesh,

I am fail to stop here:

in options make sure that sketched region radio button is checked.furthermore for more accurate results check the option- normal to surface.then define the sketching plane as the datum plane created initially and in the sketcher mode use the USE EDGE option and sub-option as loop and select each letter of the text.make sure that a closed loop is formed.exit sketcher and then give the required thickness with the appropriate direction.the result u desired is in front of u.

Would you pls tell more detail on above steps? Thanks.

similiao, maybe i can help.

You should open the slide-up panel named "options". There you can find the radio button "whole surface/ sketched region". You should choose "sketched region". Then you should check "surface" in radio button "surface/sketch" above. And then sketch the letters on the datum plane you have constructed at the beginnig (datum plane tangent to the cylinder).

Rasesh and Blaze,

Idid clickthe Tools in manu bar and dropped down the sub manu thenselected Options. How come I didn't find the readio button "whole surface.....". I am on Wiilfire 1.0.

Am I on the way you'r talking about?

similao,

you shouldn't open the Tools menu. I mean the Options slide-up in the dashboard. Dashboard is by default in the bottom part of the ProE window, where you usually type the depth of your protrusion. And in this Options there is the radio button you need.

I am able to do it in the part mode. But I want to do the same as an Assembly feature.

Offset Option is disabled in the Assembly mode. Cant i do the same in Assembly?

Navanee

I get like this (Characters are not of equal size and they are deformed as the surface makes a curve)... and I do not know where the problem is... I have already selected normal to surface... (I missed some characters intentionally).

I am no longer working with pro/e, but I have done this in the past. What I would do is something like this:

1. Copy the surface where you want your text. Trim the surface in necessary.

2. Flaten the surface.

3. Create a sketch with your text on the surface.

4. Wrap thesketch onto the surface to be offset.

5. Use the resulting curves to define the areas of the surface to be offset.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back