Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Create relations

arno21000

Hi,
I've got an another problem, I want to create a new relations into my model. I want this action automatizated.

In think it's possible only in JLink, because the problem is, using a mapkey, this action delete all existing relations.
I want to to this because, I want to add new relations into older models.

Someone got an idea?

In the Jlink documentation, you can find an code example :
<H4 =ing3><A name=17></A>Example 1: Adding Relations between Parameters in a Solid Model </H4>
There is a specific item for relations under the documentation

I saw this example yet, but this example explain only how to create parameters and no adding relations. Or I don't understand correctly the method.

Does anybody already know how to insert an extra relation into the relations by use of a mapkey, without deleting all other existing relations?
We are still using WF3.

Thanks in advance

I had the same problem, and found a way to add relations without messing up existing relations.
In the relations window select Edit/select all/cut. This keeps the relations on the clipboard.
Then File/Import relations/ browse to your new relations in a text file and import.
Add an enter for an line space then edit/paste.
Then you will have your imported relations at the top with the original relations below.
If you added a relation like DONKEY="MULE" and verify the relations, this would add a new parameter named DONKEY with the value MULE.

Regards

Wali Crawford
South Africa

Last edited:
Unfortunately, today it isn't working anymore! The problem is that ProE only inserts the relation which I have initially cut during the recording of the mapkey.
Zippy38, is there a chance that you can record me a mapkey to insert this relation:

pro_mp_alt_mass=floor((pro_mp_volume * pro_mp_density)+0.005,2)

Than I can insert this mapkey in my config.pro and test it.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

And another question: if I'm changing the txt-file with the relation which I want to insert, ProE isn't changing this in the mapkey. Is this normal?

Last edited:

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back