Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

create multiple axis for imported geo

roto

I have several import files that don't include axis for the holes. I've been trying to come up with a way to automate axis creation, to no avail. Anyone have a suggestion? The major obstacles I've found are
  1. can only create one axis at a time
  2. query selection uses the internal ID number, how to move to next

Dear friend,

That is not possible in ProE but we you can do one thing you can make Mapkey. from that you can make your work faster. Hope you understood.

Gopal Kulkarni

Perhaps you are correct, but I'm not conviced yet.

I guess I can see how a flowchart would look to program it, so I think Proshould be able to acompish it.

I have a toolkit application written by PTC that will add axis to holes in imported geometry. Send me a PM.

If all the AXES are parallel such as holes in a flat sheetmetal part you can create Axis Points at the center of the holes in an extrude feature by using Insert > Axis Point from the sketcher pulldown menu. Depending on the number of holes in your part this may be useful or time consuming.

The extrude feature can just be a extruded line but it will give you the axes as axes.

Michael

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back