Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Create feature Group in ProE using VB API

sujit_

Hi
I have some Queary which is mention below step by step
1. Open model part which having Extrude,in Extrude having round,Hole.
2. Now select Round ,Hole
3. Click on right click on seleted feature and click on group.
4. Extrat that group and delete one feature.
5. and after that create suppress on it.

If any one having solution of above Query using VB API,and Without using any user interaption.
Please reply .
Thanks in advance.

Thanks Regards
Sujit Kumar

Pro/TOOLKIT has API ProLocalGroupCreate() used to create local group of of given set of features.
you should look for some thing like this in VB-API.

To my knowledge the only API that has the ability to create/delete features is the Pro/TOOLKIT API. Therefore if you are not using that API then I don't think you can accomplish your task.

Thanks forstudy3 and williaps

My problem has been resolved using VB api,but I have few issues that I have created one group and from that group I am trying to Delete one member and Suppress on feature which is also in group.I am unable to do that part.

If you having solution for my query request to reply.

thanks once again to both of them

Hi Rahul
Can you explain again that how to use "ProFeatureSuppress()" funtion, Whenever I am trying It delete group/suppress group not a single member of this group,

is it possible to expand this group using VB API? if possible request to help this part.

Sujit,
API need integer ID of the feature along with otther input arguments, this feat ID in case of ProToolkit is available with ProFeature structure.

In case of VB-API I think IpfcSuppressOperation can be useful which has property as IpfcSuppressOperation.AllowGroupMembers
Edited by: forstudy3

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back