Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

cosmetic thread in xsec drg

saspinall

Our modelling practice is to model threads as helical cuts for pictorial presentations, but to also include a cosmetic thread for the drawings in which we supress the helical cut. I have one which has a dowel pin cut going through it so I've had to insert the cosmetic thread before the dowel cut. In the drawing the cosmetic thread shows as a full rectangle across the xsec view. All the drawing options are set correctly as I have other cosmetics which appear correctly on the drawing ie yellow line with others erased. I've tried all options in the dtl file and can't erase the lines of the cosmetic. Any ideas ?? It's as though the cut through the cosmetic affects the drg.

Stu

Hi again,

Is this the same drawing as previous post ? If so, could you post the files so that i could take a look ?

TinaG

Ooops, scrap that.. just realized ur in WF2... Can i ask why you have to insert the cosmetic thread before the dowel cut ?

sorry for the delay, I have to put in the cosmetic before the cut as the cosmetic will not go in after it, I get feature failure.

Stu

try deleting the lines out goto view, drawing display, edge display, erase line

this might work for you let me know

Rep,y to Pmack009, have tried to erase the lines and they won't.

Reply to ankarl, haven't tried this but will do and let you know

View attachment 543

Is this what we ar talking about here i am able to put the cosmetic thread after the hole

I was not able to erase to cosmetic lines in the drawing.

I would just skech em in

this is my first pic in this form hope it works

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back