Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Register Log in

Copy feature by "Pick Many"

B_Spline

Lets say we have a square block with many datum points on the top surface. I then create a cut. Then I decide I would like to copy this feature to other locations on the same or different surfaces. Can I copy this feature to all the other datum points in one step? I know it can be done one step at a time, but I'm looking for a way speed up this process.

Thanks

nkpham

i don't think that there is a way. i have also tried to look for this function and have not been successful. i'd welcome anyone to prove me wrong though.

G

Have you tried patterns? Pattern the datum points, then pattern the cut using the datum points as a Ref Pattern.

robertd

I agree with Jason. If your datum point are patterned you can use the ref pattern option in copy feature. To copy a feature from the top to the side of your box. Create a datum plane diagnolly from top right edge to the bottom left edge of the box.

Try this, worked for me.

Feature > Copy (New Refs, Select, Dependent)

> Pick features you want to copy > Done > Done

> (Pick dimension you want to make variable otherwise 'Done'

> Then pick the new references corresponding to highlighted ones.

B_Spline

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I tried the previous suggestion and it only allows a single copy at a time. Like I mentioned in the original question, I'm looking for a way to copy the same feature to mulitple locations in ONE command. Patterning is an option but I would like the freedom to randomly distribute features along a single or mulitple surfaces/datum planes.

Thanks for your help!

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.

I thought you meant copying multiple objects not copying into multiple places.

I guess Jason's suggestion would work if it is on same surface.

Sponsor