Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

constraints

Rajiv777

Hi,

I am new to UG. I'm using NX6.0.

I want to know how can I find a constraints given to a particular part in an assembly.

At present I am seeing all the constraints on top of model tree under "constraints" but I am not able to find out a constraints given to particular part among all the parts. It's very difficult to edit the position of any part in an assembly with more than 50 parts. It's killing my time.

This is very convenient in solidworks wherein the constraints given to particular part will be listed under the part itself. so we no need to spend much time to find out the constraints which will save my time very much.

I don't know is there any options to simplify this task. If any of you guys can help it would be of great help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Rajiv.

hi
you cannot view constraints for a particular part in an assembly because this functionality in not available in NX6. Its been implemented in NX8.

kanishk,

Thanks for your reply.

Anyhow I don't know why Siemens has not done this. If I'm working with mating conditions which was available in lower versions(also in NX6.0) I can find out the constraints given to a part and edit there itself but if I use assembly constraints I can't do this.

Let me check this in NX8.0

Regards,
Rajiv.

Guys,

This is possible in NX6 also. the only difference is you can see the mates that are related to any 2 parts at a time. Just click "View Constraints" option which is available in assembly toolbar and click on "between components" and select 2 parts of which you want to see the mates, than click on apply. you can see only the parts related to that 2 parts. rest of the constraints will be suppressed.

I think this will save our time a bit.

Regards,
Rajiv.

Guys,

An another update on this.

There is an another option to see the constraints related to a part. Select the part and click on Dependencies(below the model tree) then click on search icon which is available in the right side of dependencies window. You will be able to see all the constraints related to that part.

I think this is further reduces our time when the assembly is done by somebody else and we don't know which part is related to which part.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back