Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

colour palet

puppet

anyone know where i can d/l (download) or setup a better colour palet? being one with a large array of predeterimined colours

i mean i select colors to add to my parts using the colour wheel. But my color selection seems to always look similar.

You can download one in the Files section. See Files > Miscellaneous Files > Color Maps

Well, you have a couple options.

1) If you do not currently have a color file, rename it to color.map and place it in your start up directory (where your config.pro is). Your start up directory is your first working directory when you start Pro/E. Pro/E will automatically load the color.map file when it starts.

2) If you already have a current color file, you can append these colors to it. In Pro/E, go do Colors & Appearances. Click File > Open, then browse for this file. It will append the colors to your current pallate (sp?). Click File > Save and choose to append the colors to your current color.map file.

Hope this helps!

2) If you already have a current color file, you can append these colors to it. In Pro/E, go do Colors & Appearances. Click File > Open, then browse for this file. It will append the colors to your current pallate (sp?). Click File > Save and choose to append the colors to your current color.map file.

Hmm, all goes well except when I save the file, I only have the option to save it as a .dmt (project palette) file. How to save it to the color.map file?

ptc graphics library for Wildfire has lots of colormap files. I made some decent colormaps for 2001 but now after I have installed graphics library I no more use those colormaps.

Israr

When I try to download the colormap_ptc.zip I get a "file not found
message". Is there anywhere else I can get a decent selection of
colours from?

Thanks,

Sam

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back