Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Client can’t find license on server

mdristy

I am trying to install Wildfire 4 on a Vista 64b client machine. I can ping the server computer from the client machine. I can ping the client from the server machine. (The server is running XP 32b).

During the installation of Wildfire 4 on the client, when I specify the license host and port (7788), I get the message that no FLEXnet on thehost can be found. (Even though I know it is installed and the service is running on the server).

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks.

I don't know how to check if the default port 7788 is okay, or how to change it.

okay. i managed to resolve the above problem by turning off the firewall on the server computer. but i can't keep the firewall off on the server while i'm connected to the internet.

how do i allow the client machine to get thru the firewall on the server, so that Pro/E on the client will work, without having the server's firewall wide open?

thanks.

i believe your firewall is blocking the port 7788 which is required by flexnet to access the license file on the server through the port. Probably set the firewall setting to allow 7788 port with PTC services could solve the problem. Hope my 2 cents is useful to you!

Yes, that's true. I solved the problem by setting the following exceptions with the firewalls:

Exceptions to be set on the Server:-<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
ptc_d.exe&nb sp;&nb sp; (<FLEXlm_loadpoint>\ ----\obj)
lmgrd.exe&nb sp;&nb sp; (<FLEXlm_loadpoint>\ ----\obj)
Port 7788

Exceptions to be set for the Client (Pro/ENGINEER):-

xtop.exe&nbs p;&nbs p; (<Pro/ENGINEER_loadpoint >\ ----\obj) proe.exe&nbs p;&nbs p; (<Pro/ENGINEER_loadpoint >\ bin)

Sorry. Cut and paste didn't work well on last post:
On Server:
ptc_d.exe (<FLEXlm_loadpoint>\ ----\obj)
lmgrd.exe&nb sp; (<FLEXlm_loadpoint>\ ----\obj)
Port 7788
On CLient:<?:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p>
xtop.exe&nbs p; (<Pro/ENGINEER_loadpoint >\ ----\obj)
proe.exe&nbs p; (<Pro/ENGINEER_loadpoint >\ bin)<O:p></O:p></O:p>

Thanks mdristy, that's exactly what I was looking for! I was upgrading to the latest build and I knew that the firewall was the preventing Flexnet from working properly, but I had forgotten to add ptc_d.exe to the exceptions list.

I just wish I had checked this forum in the morning rather than after messing with it for most of the day.

Thanks again!
Edited by: ckirchen

Gentlemen,

Thanks for your posts. I have a similar but different problem. I'mtasked to install Intralink and Wildfire 3.0 on my boss's laptop. Wildfire can find the license server but Intralink can not. It gives the same error message noted above.

Could this also be a firewall issue?

If so, what command exceptions would I need for Intralink?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back