Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Changing the default geometry thickness... mission impossible

zpaolo

One thing I don't really like about drawing in CREO: the fact that the drawing module is a mixed bag of "modern" wysiwyg approach and "old school" practical "color to pentable" relation.

I can do a nice pentable with most thicknesses I need with tricks (like using red color for the thicker border of the template) and assign the proper thicknesses to geometry, hidden lines etc, but then if I want to use a smaller font, say 2.5 mm instead of the usual 3.5 mm, I can't easily change it's thickness to 0.25 mm (ISO standards suggests that the thickness should be scaled together with the size).

On the other hand I can build a perfect template just ditching pentables and using line thicknesses as I want, define different text styles for different dimensions etc, but then geometry line thickness is something around 0.7 which is way to much being that ISO states that geometry thickness should just be 0.35 for A3 and A4 paper sizes (the only sizes I acutally use).

So I'd love to be able to just simply change the default line styles for geometry, the same way I can add custom line styles, but looks like it's not possible and I'm frozen between these two methods, none of which is completely customizable :(

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back