Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Cannot delete part (drawing dependent)

nmeyer

This is happening to me a lot lately. I replace a part in an assembly with a new one. For some reason the drawing is still dependant on the old part even though its not in the assembly anymore. This is frustrating because I cannot check in my drawing without it trying to bring the old part with it. How do i break the link beetween the old part and the drawing? I have tried updating all the views, repaint, rebuild nothing seems to work short of redoing the drawing. Please help.

Thanks,

Nate Meyer

Right-click on the background of the drawing & click Properties -> Drawing models -> Del model, and see if the model is in that list. If it's there, then delete it & save the drawing.

Experiencing the same problem, I've found out that the problem is often with the components, for which the index was fixed in the assembly drawing and were later removed from assembly. Those components remain somehow connected to the assembly drawing and ILINK doesn't allow to do the check in without checking in those components too.

The easiest solution is to do the following:

1. <LI>Set the config.pro options:
    cleanup_drawing_dependencies yes
    cleanup_layout_dependencies yes</LI>
    <LI>Open the drawing in Pro/E and back it up to disk.</LI>
    <LI>Erase session.</LI>
    <LI>In Workspace delete the drawing and "dependent" components.</LI>
    <LI>In Pro/E, open the assembly that you used to create previously backed up and deleted drawing (open Master representation to have all the components in session).</LI>
    <LI>Now, open the drawing from disk (from the folder to which you backed up drawing).</LI>
    <LI>Save the drawing and check it in.</LI>

That is the easiest and fastest solution I know.

Regards,

Jure

Thanks for all the help.Jure's solution worked great for me!

Thanks again,

Nate Meyer
Edited by: nmeyer

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back