Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

BUCKYBALL

hmt34

I want to know how to Model Bucky ball which is already there in proecentral website. I am unable to down load that one. I request you please please guide me.

thank you

-hmt

The Bucky ball you tried to download is an imported feature anyway. You can't determine how to build it from the file. It also has curved line segments. I thought the real Bucky Ball was made of straight line segments. Of course, when you are on an attomic scale, how can you tell?

Check out the icosohedron_die.zip file. It uses surfacing to create a 20 sided dice. You may be able to use something similar to create the Bucky ball.

I created a series of dice as an exercise a while ago. I started out with a sphere and added points on the surface where the corners should be. Then connected the dots with ISDX splines, 2-point splines make straight lines, all lines in one feature. Behavioral Modeling came in very handy for making the segment lengths equal. I was making surfaces, but you can use these curve segments as centerlines.

Hope this helps

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back