Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

BOM in model MBE approach

dickint13

Folks,

Has any of you ProE jockys been able to put a smart BOM and Balloons in an Assembly Model. This would be going towards the MBE (Model Based Enterprise) approach. No more drawings. I am using WF3.

Do annotation features inWF3 allow the creation of tables/balloons? I am still on WF2 where it is not an option.

I don't think I would want to atempt going MBE until sometime after WF5. And even then do it very slowly. I don't mean one foot at a time, more like one toe at atime. about the only thing I currently do in reguards to MBE is general notes and surface finish call outs. And even then the process is very clunky and incomplete.

later Jim

Folks,

Even using WF5, the MBE functionality is better than WF4 but there is still some limitations as far as tables and balloons being smart. The tables we built using symbols with smart text parameters to pick up the data for the title block, rev block etc. The U.S. ARMY and BAE are at the cutting edge with this and working with PTC to optimize this functionality. We are currently using this MBE functionality to its fullest potential. 2012 will be a better year for Model Based Enterprise going forward.
smiley32.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back