Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

BOM Balloons

MOTO

How can I make a custom BOM balloon that will use the PN and the description from the repeat region rather than the item number.

Thanks in advance,

J

I have a new question:

How can I have a number of balloon equal to the quantity shown in the BOM??

I mean: if I have 4 nuts in a assembly, I would like to have 4 BOM Balloon with the same number in it (the one shown in the BOM table).

Thank you

Luca

Ok, I knew that, what I wanted was the table to be normally with no duplicates, but show as many balloon as shown in the quantity column (each balloon with the same number ex. "5").

thank you

YOU CAN HAVE 2 TABLE IN DRAWING

ONE with duplicate and one with no duplicate

Put then the table you don t wnt to show in a blanked layer

and let visible the other one and show the ballons of the blanked one

smiley2.gif

But is not a very usualy way.

smiley36.gif

Way the standard menu is not enough for you

For you is better to create the BOOM manually

If i can help you let me know

Cristelino

cristelino,

thank you for your suggestion, even if I think this will not solve my problem.

My idea was to use this trick with sheetmetal item to identify fasteners: if you have a complex item, with hundreds of different fastener, a balloon for eachfastener could be very usefull for the manufacturer, but only if you have the same number for the same fastener (ex. nr."2" for each "s-m3-0" fastener, nr. "3" for each "fh-m4-8" fastener.......and so on).

Thank you anyway.

but you can do that with parameters my friend

YOU CAN HAVE A DIFFERENT NAME BUT THE SAME PARAMETERS

ISN T

LIKE "MANUFACTURED BY33

CRISTELINO

Edited by: cristelino

Is this what you mean. If it is, you just go to table/b.o.m balloon/split click on the balloon and then on the component related to the balloon, is going to ask you how many times you want to split it. If this isn't what you mean sorry i couldn't help.

View attachment 811
Edited by: arroyopr

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back