Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Black Hole

mgnt8

I'm on WF 2.0 - I think this question was asked once before but I can't seem to remember. What is the meaning of the layer Black Hole? It seems features in my model are randomly placed on this mysterious layer - why? I have another layer for Hidden Items - isn't there some functional overlap?

The Black hole is a layer Pro/E creates when you select a feature in the model tree and select HIDE. I thought in wildfire 2 this layer was replaced with something real like a layer namef "hidden items" or something. If your part was crerated and WF1 and something was hidden i suppose it would carry that layer to WF2.

WF2 does create a Hidden Items layer. I'm not sure what the whole purpose of the Black_Hole layer is (have never seen any documentation), but have notice a connection between it and imported features and Independant Geometry features.

jeff, you might be on to something because I've got some imported geometry in this model and I recall seeing the Black Hole in other models that had imported geometry. The problem I have is that items that were hidden are being placed in Black Hole layer (I also have Hidden Items layer). Something isn't right here.

Yeah, I've never figured out the rhyme and reason to it. You can RMB / Remove items from the layer, if it's any help.

Actually The black hole layer must not exist if you see in updated versions this should not exist.....so it's.....software problem .

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back