Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Best way to model a pyramid?

bobocorrozo

I need a pyramid piece with a square base as part of a model I am doing and was wondering if someone knows the best way to do that? Thank you for your assistance.

does a pyramid have a square base.

1. you can model it with surfaces. use a point some distance above a square surface. and build up the remaining walls with three part boundaries.

2. you should be able to use blend to blend a square to a point.

3. VSS can do that square to a point as well.

4 you can simply create cuts to carve away from a solid square.

3 part boundaries????
smiley2.gif

Blend seems to be the easiest way.. or maybe some cuts from a solid (as mentioned above)

"...and was wondering if someone knows the best way to do that " that is depending of how you want to modify it in the future, and what you inital data is....

//Tobias

Edited by: tobbo

i think blending a square to point will be the easiest way to make pyramid. and as for modification; it will be having just 2 dimensions. size of square and height.

If you really like VSS , then create a graph thatis dimensionedfrom "a value"to zero, then just sweepa squareit along a line and let the graph control the dimension of the square....and ...you got a pyramid

//Tobias

Hey, i got it
smiley4.gif
but... take a look at Design-engines second suggestion , and maybe what sanjeevkar1 wrote
smiley1.gif

have a nice day!

//Tobias

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back