Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Register Log in

Bend a Solid model

eharmony

HI Fellow modelers, :>)

I could use your help or suggestions on bending a solid model.

Here is a blade section, I would like to bend it 90 deg at some distance from the tip and with a .457 rad. Sheet metal tells me it cannot convert to sheet metal. What would be the fastest way to bend the part? Or do I have to sweep the shape and start all over again. I would like to just save the model as a bent blade or family table with multi bend lenghts.

Can Pro/E Wildfire use make flexible for this application?

Thanks People,

Eric..

View attachment 61

gggggggggg

I agree with Nose Bleed. Spinal Bend is easy to use, and has alot of control over the results. I have a part with a spinal bend I can email you if you want to see how to use it. I can't figure out how to attach it to this post.

eharmony

gggggg Your too funny. You can do a spinal bend but not attachn a post when in big red letters and an arrow it says click here to upload. Of course the file size needs to be small.

I thank you all for the info and I am trying spinal bend but the help section on this is vague.. I am doing it.

Any ideas on why sheetmetal did not convert the solid? The error said it could not convert the solid model. I picked the top surface as the driving surface.

Thank you nose bleed as well. Any examples on ProEcentral?

Nose Bleed

I have yet to find a use for sheet metal - besides slitting my wrists with it...

Insert>advanced>spinal bend> then follow the screen prompts...

G

10g's -- After you post a message, you will see a paperclip icon in the upper right corner of your post. Click it and you will be able to attach a .zip file to that post. You can only attach a file if you are the last person to have posted a message. Hope this helps.

gggggggggg

O.K. Now that everyone has made me look stupid here is the model I was refering to.

Thanks fellas, I'm going to cry for an hour.

Late,

GG

dr_gallup

You couldn't convert it to sheetmetal because you have some geometry in the part that is not constant thickness. That V notch in the far end is stopping you for sure, I can't tell if there is anything else. You can probably insert the sheetmetal feature before the V notch and it will work. You can have all kind of features that are not constant thickness (chamfers, etc.) but they have to come after the sheetmetal conversion.

Sponsor