Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Automated .dtl file ???

proboy

Hi Friends,

I'm using separeate .dtl files for A0 drawings which is not the same for other drawing formats such as A3,A2...Everytime I work on A0 drawings,I need to browse and select the required .dtl filemanually.

Is there any method to make it in such a way that, whenever I select for A0 drawings,the .dtl file should also get configured to avoid manual selection from the folder.

Any help please !!!!!!

HI,

Thanks for the response.

I'm not sure whether I received an appropriate reply.

I don't want to print. It's about the drawing settingsfile (.dtl)to configure automatically while selecting formats.

If you have the access to do so, try setting the drawing options with the A0 template drawing open and resave the template drawing.

If you create drawing templates, you can load the correct detail file into each template. The downside to this is if you make changes in your detail files you will have to reload them into your templates, just like any other drawing.

proboy said:
HI,

Thanks for the response.

I'm not sure whether I received an appropriate reply.

I don't want to print. It's about the drawing settingsfile (.dtl)to configure automatically while selecting formats.

Doh! You said DTL, I read PCF. I'm a knucklehead.
smiley5.gif

Looks like you got pointed i the right direction, though.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back