Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Autoasm with layout (skeleton) functionality.

hrishi

Hi all,

I'm lookoing for something like how to make an assembly driven by parameters & layouts (layout of the skeleton)so that parts (with fam table) can be auto replaced & can be placed automatically where needed by the user (I thk can be driven by parameters, relations,program).

Though above description is not that brief but if somebody gets an idea what I'm looking for ,Please let me know.

& going further deep I would like to konw any possibility like designing a utility with GUI(or whatever u call it)in proe where the user has to select the parts,fill the Specs & proe will create the auto assembly with layouts & skeleton.

Thanks In Advance

Hrishi

Hi hrishi we can do this. Let me know still u didn't find solution. I can explaid with samll example.

regards

PSReddy

GE IBC

Hyderabad

India

Hi Prasad (guessing)

Can you please give me ypur mail ID ? I'll contact you & will tell you in detail.

Thanks

Hrishi

First you must use advanced replace on the component, and successfully use the layout (family table, or Interchange group). Then go to PROGRAM/EDIT. First enter an input for the variableunder the INPUT header.

parameter=string

/*short description of function

Scroll through the program untill you reach the add statement for the desired component. Replace the component name with the parameter in parenthasis.

add component (parameter)

Save and exit the program. Now when you regenerate it will ask you to specify the parameter. If the value you input matches an interchangeable component it will be replaced. Repeat this for every component you want to replace.

You can also use relations, instead. Here is an example!

INPUT

size=string

/*big or small

end input

relations

if size== big

handle=12345

endif

if size==small

handle=23456

endif

end relations